Thank you for your support!
The Political Contribution Tax Credit for Individuals rewards you for participating in the political process in Ontario by giving you up to $1423 in refundable tax credits. Official information about this tax credit is available here. The Ontario Libertarian Party has made arrangements through PayPal to do recurring monthly billing and has provided an online calculator below to help you calculate your tax credit.
To get the credit, you need to:
- be an Ontario resident on December 31 of the tax year, and
- have made a contribution during that year to a candidate in an Ontario provincial election, or to a registered Ontario political party, registered constituency association or registered leadership contestant. You cannot claim this credit for contributions to municipal or federal elections.
Your total donations for the year to the Ontario Libertarian Party cannot exceed $3300. But you can donate to more than one political party to maximize your tax savings. You can also donate to individual constituency associations.
The amount of credit depends on how much you give. The rate is:
- 75 per cent on the first $427 of donations in 2021
- 50 per cent on the portion of your donation between $427 and $1,423 in 2021
- 33.33 per cent on the portion between $1,423 and $3,238 in 2021
- Corporations and Unions may not make contributions to political parties, Constituency Associations or candidates for provincial parliament. This includes PayPal accounts in the name of an incorporated business.
- If you are not a resident of Ontario you may not make a donation to the Party. You may become a member and pay $10 for a one year membership.
Unlike the other parties, the Ontario Libertarian Party does not receive any government subsidies to finance its operations. 100% of our financing comes from the voluntary contributions of party members. We are very efficient with the monies we receive and operate with an all volunteer board of directors.
Donations in Kind
We can accept donations of cash, and certain kinds of in-kind services. If you are a member of the party and have marketable skills in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, graphics design, web design, telemarketing, or business administration, we may be able to offer you an opportunity to receive tax receipts in exchange for your donations of services to the party. Please contact us if you want to make such arrangements.